Technical Sessions schedule (tentative)
Monday April 26, 2021 at 10:00 am
Jeff Folden, PE, DBIA
I-495 & I-270 P3 Office
Maryland Dept. of Transportation
State Highway Administration
Tuesday April 27, 2021 at 12:30 pm
Patricia Hendren, Ph.D.
Eastern Transportation Coalition
Technical Workshop – TSMO
Wednesday April 28, 2021 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am
There is no additional fee to attend the workshop.
TSMO is a set of multimodal transportation strategies that maximize the efficiency, safety, and utility of existing and planned transportation services and assets.
The workshop will explore the application of TSMO through the following core topics:
- Policy / Business Processes
- Systems and Technology
- Data & Analysis
- Education & Outreach
The workshop will include the following activities:
- Previous TSMO experiences and challenges from member states in the Mid-Colonial District (TBA)
- Participants will be provided a TSMO problem statement to be discussed in breakout groups on how to resolve the problem statement. A unique problem will be provided to each breakout group.
- Presentation and discussion of each group’s resolution with interactive discussion to enhance the perspective of the resolution.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the application of core TSMO topics in real-world scenarios.
- Identify the similarities and differences between each state’s strategic implementation of TSMO.
- Develop solutions that connect assets and services to achieve overarching TSMO goals.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of managing and coordinating assets and services as part of a master plan.