Registration is now open!
Sunday Technical Workshop:
The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) in conjunction with MDOT (and other state departments) will host a workshop on Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) at the Mid-Colonial District Conference. TSMO is a set of multimodal transportation strategies that maximize the efficiency, safety, and utility of existing and planned transportation services and assets.
The workshop will explore the application of TSMO through the following core topics:
1. Policy / Business Processes
2. Systems and Technology
3. Data & Analysis
4. Education & Outreach
The workshop will include the following activities:
1. Previous TSMO experiences and challenges from member states in the Mid-Colonial District (TBA)
2. Participants will be provided a TSMO problem statement to be discussed amongst themselves on how to resolve the problem statement. A unique problem will be provided to each breakout group.
3. Presentation and discussion of each group’s resolution with interactive discussion to enhance the perspective of the resolution.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the application of core TSMO topics in real-world scenarios.
2. Identify the similarities and differences between each state’s strategic implementation of TSMO.
3. Develop solutions that connect assets and services to achieve overarching TSMO goals.
4. Understand the benefits and challenges of managing and coordinating assets and services as part of a master plan.
Cost: $25 per person
Sunday Social Tour – Baltimore Sky to Sea:
Come join us Sunday afternoon, April 19, 2020, for some Inner Harbor fun! We will walk from the hotel and visit the Observation Level at the World Trade Center followed by a guided tour of the USS Constellation. Top of the World Observation Level is the perfect starting point for any visit to the city and provides a breathtaking view of Baltimore’s skyline, harbor, and beyond. Located on the 27th floor of the World Trade Center, the worlds tallest pentagonal building, you will find a spectacular 360-degree view of Baltimore with stationed binoculars and photo-map guides. Guided group tours of the USS Constellation include admission to the museum and a walking tour through USS Constellation with a Civil War era sailor as your host. Tours include presentations & hands-on activities (bracing the yards, turning the capstan, and drilling with one of the ship’s broadside guns) that focus on the lives and duties of those who served at sea in President Lincoln’s Navy.
2:30-2:45 Gather at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel Lobby
2:45-3:00 Walk to WTC
3:00-4:00 WTC Visit
4:00-5:00 USS Constellation Group Tour
Cost: $21 per person